Saturday, March 20, 2010

On A Lighter Note...

Last Saturday my friend, Rachel Owens, agreed to do a family photo shoot. It was chaos, but a fun time. She sent us a few pictures to preview and they look great. Above is a sample (our lovely new "The Coutts Family in Scotland" header). I am sooooo excited about them. I will be sure to share more when I get them!

Later that day we were playing in the backyard. For some crazy reason I decided I wanted to get a shot of the 4 boys. Here they are, in order:
















Elijah: "Mom! Matty's got dirt all over his face! Is he trying to eat another rock?"
Jesse: "Let me in here!"
Mattias & Brady: "Cheese!"

















Me: "Elijah, don't worry about it, just hold onto Jesse and smile nice for the camera!"
Jesse to Elijah: "Mmmmah! Mmmmah!" (he loves giving kisses)
Matty & Brady: "Are we done yet?"


















Me: "Come on, let's try one more time."
Elijah: "How's this, Mom?"
Jesse: "I'm outta here!"
Matty: "Come on, Mom"
Brady: "Cheese!"


















Jon: "Come on now, Elijah & Jesse! Mom wants one nice picture of you guys!"
Brady: "I'm going to lose it, Mom. I can only smile for so long."
Matty: "Look! I have fingers!"

















Me: "Okay, last try. For real."
Elijah: "Cheese."
Jesse: "Mmmah!"
Matty: "Is that a rock?"
Brady: "Cheese!"


And so it goes. Luckily we have some better shots from Rachel!

10 comments:

Christy said...

Too funny! I love it... "Look! I have fingers!"

Great pics

Anonymous said...

I love it and can hardly wait to get there - Our plane leaves in 24 hours!

MomZ

stewart said...

I'm so impressed with Brady's focus on the task at hand...and Elijah doing his part to try to keep it all together. Man are those twins ever growing up! Have a great time with your folks.

stephanie said...

I know all too well the challenge of taking pictures of four kids. :)

Laur said...

I love them all! I really love the header picture of you guys too!

erin said...

too funny! i do think it's fair that your kids have the cheesy grin :) and the new header is very fun...

Rachel said...

Thanks for the shout out :) That photo works well for the header. I love your captions. And I love that Brady was pretty consistent in your photos as well.

The Hansens said...

Excellent commentary. I feel like I was there. =) I also love the header shot.

Miss Mommy said...

That was great! LOVE the header.

Anonymous said...

I love the header also, but I keep wanting to scroll up and find Jon's and Angie's faces. The boys do look great though.

Mom C.