Sunday, December 13, 2009

Elijah the Marvelous

Elijah is an amazing boy. We discovered very early on that he is extremely bright and that God has blessed him with a kind and sensitive spirit. We love that about him. And those of you who know him will agree that with that sensitivity and concern for others, he also has a real dramatic side. That is something that we don't always know how to handle and neither does he.

Elijah is very quickly growing up. And he is also growing more and more dramatic. Sometimes I wonder if at night when we've got him all tucked in and ready for bed if he lies awake planning his next big performance. Let me tell you, the other day was a doozy!

As I recall we'd had a bit of a "rough" evening that included some reprimands from Mom and Dad. He and Brady were supposed to be getting ready for bed. Suddenly he bursts into the room and shrieks, "I know what you're doing!"

I look at Jon who is looking at me with as much confusion as I am feeling. "What are you talking about, Elijah!?"

"I know you are trying to kill us! Why do you have this knife up here!?" he exclaims as he pulls out from behind his back...





my 2 inch metal nail file.



After a quick explanation of what the weapon actually is, things return to normal. At least for a few minutes...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe there is more Zelensky in him then we thought!!!!

Mom :0)

stephanie said...

Too funny!!

Tarasview said...

mercy! that is too funny. Guess you need to hide your weapons a little better next time ;)